The Diocese of Tucson, under the direction of Bishop Edward Weisenburger, is currently following LEVEL 3 protocols. This page was last updated March 31, 2020 at 4:30 PM.
Parish-based public gathers are cancelled or suspended for an indefinite period of time, probably no earlier than April 30, 2020.
- No public Masses after today (3/16/2020)
- The Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed for all Catholic people residing in or visiting the territory of the Diocese of Tucson. Catholics are urged to observe Sunday in accord with our teachings, which may include spending additional time on Sunday in prayer, observing a Catholic Mass via television or internet, or other pious practices.
- Confirmations scheduled during this time period are suspended and will be rescheduled
- There are to be no public Church events or gatherings, such as parish religious education programs, Stations of the Cross, Communion services, Quinceaneras, parish missions, dinners, etc.
- Mass of the Holy Oils, “Chrism Mass,” will be celebrated privately with Holy Oils to be distributed privately to priests
- Weddings should be restricted to 10 persons, and if Mass is celebrated only the bride and groom, if Catholic, are to receive Holy Communion
- Funeral Masses should be restricted to 10 persons, and the congregation should not receive Holy Communion
Click the link below for additional information: