The Knights of Columbus is an international Fraternal organization that offers many benefits to its members. Joining the Knights puts a man into a group of Catholic Men who conduct programs and projects to aid their church and their community. Among the primary functions of the KofC is to support our priests, deacons, and religious. The website kofc.org contains a great deal of information on the organization and goals of the Knights as well as an opportunity to join our ranks through online membership.
1. The Knights of Columbus Council at SJN is the St. John Neumann Council #8305. For specific information about the council, please contact one of the officers listed below or the parish office. Phone numbers are printed in the parish bulletin each week. We are always looking for good men to join our organization the requirements are: Be a Catholic Gentleman in GOOD STANDING with the Holy See (which translates into, attend Mass, receive holy communion, confirmed in the church), you have to be 18 years of age or older, you do not have to be a member of St. John Neumann to join our council (but it does help since our meetings are at the parish). If you have any questions about becoming a member of the Knights of Columbus, please contact any one of the Knights and we will provide you with the Form to fill out and provide further information.
2. Each year all of the KofC councils in Arizona conduct a charity raffle. One half of all funds raised through this charity are returned to the council that sold the tickets. Over the past 15 years, our council has raised more than $40,000 for support of our parish building fund. Tickets are available January through April from any Knight or the parish office.
3. Our meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. The first meeting of the month is the business meeting and you have to be a member to take part in this meeting. The second meeting is our social meeting which starts at 6:30 pm on the 4th Thursday of the month, all persons are invited to attend this social meeting along with their families.
4. Each year all of the KofC councils in the Yuma area (AZ District 18) sponsor a Religious Appreciation Dinner for all the Priests, Deacons (and their wives) and Religious in the Yuma/LaPaz Vicariate. Council 8305 is proud to have very successfully hosted the last 8 of these events. The event includes a dinner which can be attended by any parishioner. Tickets are available in January and February from the parish offices in the vicariate.
5. The officers of Council 8305 “St. John Neumann Council” are as follows for 2020-2021:
- Grand Knight: Vincent dePaul Mayfield
- Deputy Grand Knigh: tBill Leahy
- ChancellorLawrence Markham
- Financial Secretary: Jorge Urbieta
- Treasurer: Joe L. Campbell
- Recorder: Lawrence G. Ornellas
- Advocate: Christopher Ornellas
- Warden: Steven M. Miller
- Lecturer: Robert M. Pratt
- Inside Guard: Rudolph J. Maikis
- Outside Guard: Robert J. Lecorchick
- 3rd year trustee: John Schiemer
- 2nd year trustee: Raymond Jay
- 1st year trustee: Gerry Mack
- Chaplain: Rev. Martins Amana Edoka
Join…..The Knights of Columbus